KINGSTON PARISH COUNCIL
Do you want to make a positive difference locally?
Would you like to influence decisions that affect your community?
Are you willing to give up some of your time and play an active role helping to shape the area in which you live?
Then why not join Kingston Parish Council and help make decisions about how the Parish is run?
There is currently one Councillor vacancy for co-option.
If you are interested, then please write to the clerk for an application form indicating your reasons for wishing to join Kingston Parish Council.
Please be advised that this role includes attendance at one monthly evening meeting, and you will also be asked to occasionally devote time to help tackle local Parish issues.
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact the clerk via Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be Monday 7th August 2023 and candidates will be contacted by the clerk to attend a parish council meeting (date to be confirmed)
The Parish Council is the first tier of Local Government representing the local community, delivering services to meet local needs wherever possible. We work closely with many local groups and organisations as well as with Lewes District Council, East Sussex County Council and other agencies.
To qualify for membership of the Council under one of the provisions of S 79 of the Local Government Act 1972, i.e.,
- you are on the electoral register for the Parish;
- you have owned or rented land in the Parish for twelve months;
- you have worked in the Parish for twelve months; or
- you have lived in the Parish or within three miles/4.8 kilometres of the Parish boundary for twelve months.
- In addition, you should be a qualifying Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Republic of Ireland or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community and have attained the age of 18.