KINGSTON PARISH COUNCIL
ELECTION OF A NEW PARISH COUNCIL IN MAY 2023
Do you want to make a positive difference locally?
Would you like to influence decisions that affect your community?
Are you willing to give up some of your time and play an active role helping to shape the area in which you live?
Then why not join Kingston Parish Council and help make decisions about how the Parish is run?
The May 2023 elections will soon be upon us so if you are interested in joining the parish council application forms will be available from Lewes District Council soon.
There are seven Parish Councillor seats, if seven or fewer people wish to join by completing nomination papers, they will be appointed to the council. If more than seven people apply to be elected to join then an election, and therefore selection by public vote, will take place.
Please be advised that this role includes attendance at one monthly evening meeting, and you will also be asked to occasionally devote time to help tackle local Parish issues.
The closing date for applications to be received by Lewes District Council will be Tuesday 4th April 2023
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact the clerk via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively why not attend our next parish council meeting on 8th March 2023 to see how things work.
The Parish Council is the first tier of Local Government representing the local community, delivering services to meet local needs wherever possible. We work closely with many local groups and organisations as well as with Lewes District Council, East Sussex County Council and other agencies.
To qualify for membership of the Council under one of the provisions of S 79 of the Local Government Act 1972, i.e.,
- you are on the electoral register for the Parish;
- you have owned or rented land in the Parish for twelve months;
- you have worked in the Parish for twelve months; or
- you have lived in the Parish or within three miles/4.8 kilometres of the Parish boundary for twelve months.
- In addition, you should be a qualifying Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Republic of Ireland or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community and have attained the age of 18.